5 Benefits of Listening to Audio Books
If you haven’t already discovered the joy of listening to audio books, this post will hopefully convince you to give them a try. There are many benefits to listening to audio books, the following are my top 5:
1. Audio books can be listened to anytime and anyplace, e.g. traveling, commuting, exercising, shopping, working in the garden, or even dusting and vacuuming the house.
2. Audio books may improve your retention and comprehension of the material, especially if you are an auditory learner or if you are easily distracted by noises (headphones can help block out other noise and help you focus on the material).
3. Listening to an audio book can be more entertaining and exciting than reading a paperback book. I enjoy when a narrator changes his or her inflections for the characters and doesn’t just read but acts!
4. For those of you who look at the computer monitor and documents for hours, listening to an audio book is more relaxing to your strained eyes after work.
5. Downloading audio books is quick and easy. And coupons (e.g. Audible coupons) or membership plans (e.g. Audible Gold Membership) make audio books affordable. You can even download a high-quality audio book for free as part of the Audible free trial.